- Fixed term, part time (0.6FTE) position until December 2024
- Based in Hobart
The Tasmanian Collaboration for Health Improvement (the Collaboration) is a formal partnership between the University, the Tasmanian Department of Health, Primary Health Tasmania and the Health Consumers Tasmania.
The Collaboration has been established to develop and implement a shared translational research agenda that will deliver improved health outcomes for our community.
The Communications and Program Officer is a key professional interface for the Collaboration with internal and external partner organisations and stakeholders.
The successful candidate will coordinate all external and internal communications including the website, newsletters, social media, correspondence, reports, and engagement activities with partners and members and provide project management support to the Collaboration program of work.
- Develop, prepare and coordinate all internal and external communications and media activities for the Collaboration, including the website, newsletter, social media and other communication materials.
- Act as the first point of contact for all communications into and out of the office ensuring all requests are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide communication and administrative support to events and workshops.
- Support the implementation of a variety of projects or work activities to support the leadership team, this includes project administrative support, effectively managing the diary and supporting financial management and reporting.
- Provide high level executive assistance and secretarial services to the Collaboration Board, Executive Committee and Working Groups.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate.
- A degree level qualification in a relevant area, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience, education, and training.
- Experience providing project support in a research environment and/or the health sector.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills with a high level of attention to detail, writing and presentation of written materials.
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective, collaborative working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people and organisations.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with proven experience in working to deadlines, with a pro-active work ethic and ability to use sound judgement to adapt to changing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Practical knowledge and experience of office organisation and procedures with the ability to exercise discretion, use initiative and judgement, and work within a professional and confidential environment.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 5 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $96,794 (pro-rata) comprising base salary within the range of $74,080 to $82,730 (pro-rata) plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Tasmania recognises that this is critical for the workforce at the University to protect the safety of our workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians.
Applicants for this role must be prepared to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
- Click here to go to the Application page on the University of Tasmania website
- For further information about this position, please contact Debbie Schofield-Gavin, Manager Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 6226 7785.
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Position Description -Communications and Program Officer – TCHI – 498480.pdf
Applications close Friday, 7 May 2023, 11.55pm
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.