The Tasmanian Collaboration for Health Improvement is inviting Expressions of Interest from people across Tasmania to join our new Consumer and Community Advisory Panel (CCAP).
As part of the Collaboration’s governance team the people on the panel will contribute their ideas and advice in online meetings. The panel will shape the way community members and people with lived experience of health conditions are involved in our operations and the health and medical research we support.
How to apply?
To apply fill in the Expression of Interest Form
For more information or to apply in a way that better suits your needs contact Kerry Turnbull, Consumer and Community Involvement Coordinator:
Phone: (03) 6226 7785
Applications close 10 October 2023
- You will need access to the internet
- Meetings will be held on Zoom
- The CCAP will meet 5 times a year
- Meetings will run for 1 to 2 hours
- Around 1 hour of meeting preparation (pre-reading) will be needed each meeting
- Members will have a 2-year term with the chance to renew at the end of the term
- Consumer representative training will be held in November 2023
- The first meeting of the panel will be held in March 2024
- More detail are listed in the draft Terms of Reference
Who can apply?
We are seeking diverse representation from across Tasmania with respect to age (18+), gender, location, ethnicity, community, and cultural background.
To apply you must be:
- Be over 18 years of age
- Live in Tasmania
- Have access to an internet connection
We are seeking people who:
- Have lived experience of a health condition, or are carers, or family members of someone with a health condition*
- Or live in regional, rural, and remote areas of Tasmania
- Have an interest in, or experience of, committees or consumer groups
- Have an interest in health and medical research, or health system improvement
* Sometimes called health “consumers” or “consumer representatives” this includes patients, their friends, families, carers, and members of the general public.
What support is offered?
The Collaboration’s Guiding Principles were co-developed with consumers. These principles guide our operations and support a culture which recognises, and values peoples lived experience.
Members of the CCAP will be provided with:
- Training in Consumer and Community Involvement for consumer and community members and other governance team members. It will cover how to be a consumer representative and how we will work together in a safe and respectful way.
- Induction – Information on the Collaboration and its governance, key support people and processes.
- The Collaboration’s Consumer and Community Involvement Coordinator will provide admin support to the CCAP.
- Reimbursement for agreed out-of-pocket expenses.
- An honorarium payment of $50 per hour will be offered for meeting attendance and meeting pre-reading time.
What to consider?
Please read the information on what’s involved and application criteria and consider if this fits your circumstances.
There will be a selection process due to the limited number of available positions.
- A selection panel will review all applications and shortlist based on the eligibility, skills and experience, and diversity criteria.
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for a follow-up discussion with our staff and asked to provide a reference person (referee) to support their application.
- Applicants who are not selected this round can opt-in to be contacted with future Collaboration consumer opportunities.